Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Doggy shower every Sunday...

Since I struggle with dog allergies I have whole my life wanted a dog without being able to get one. Witch have been sad! Even when little me and my sister had a doggy account where we put in some of our money ( hard earned by vacuuming and doing small things around the house :D )
Then when finally the money was there, we got to the doctor to check out if we had any allergies.. I did, so no dog for us :( 

But, we did get a really cool cat!!! Witch lived a good life until he passed away 18years old. 

But now, 3months ago my girlfriend found a breed that was supposed to be allergy friendly.
A MiniDoodle! 
So we went up to the breeder 2 hours away in Nord Odalen.I did not get a strong allergy there even tho she had 6 dogs and 5 puppy´s SO we decided to take the long drive back there the day after so test it again! It worked like a charm and 4 hours later we brought a 8 weeks old really sweet puppy with us home!
And we have had so much fun with him (Sketch) that we have decided to have one more, but this time we found a hypoallergenic dog witch is a "little" bigger.. A Giant Schnauzer! I see it as a challenge and I'm ready to get all inn to teach my dogs to be the best dogs around :D 

But the post is called Doggy Shower.. So here is some pictures of Sketch taking a bath! In the beginning it was a little dangerous I think, water, sounds and the hair blower.. But now hes acting great! Sits still, yawns and seams like he likes the warm water and the rubbing he gets. He gets a shower every Sunday to keep him clean and keep my allergy at bay. Not that hes a problem for me with the allergy,m but we have been very active socializing him with other dogs, and the hairs and skin from them sticks in he´s fur :D

 Starting off with trimming the nails and the hairs under the paws so he wont slide around like Bambi on our floor :)
 Then he gets the shower on minimum flow and getting soaped in
 watch the eyes... we don´t want any soap there
 Rinse off all the soap
 Then start by putting him in a towel to keep him warm and dry again.
 Easier to do this while standing on a table, nowhere to go, nowhere to hide :D
 My girlfriend Helene makes sure he get dry
 Then finish off the drying with the hair blower, so he gets warm and fluffy :D



Go Daddy Deal of the Week: 25% off your first order at GoDaddy.com! Offer expires 10/9/12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!